Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Bringing her back

She's talking again. I managed to snap her out of her previous state. I would thank God, if I believe in one.

How did I do it?

Well, I went to the sink and turned on the hot water. When it was so hot that it was steaming, I led Christine in the bathroom and placed her hand under the faucet. She automatically pulled back, like I thought she would. She  still had all of her reflexes.

Then I placed my own hand under the faucet and let the scalding water hit my skin. I suppress the urge to pull my hand away and instead pushed through the pain and left my hand under the flow of water.

After a minute, Christine grabbed my hand and pulled it back for me. Pain for her resulted in automatic reflexes - but pain for me? That pushed through her psyche, that made her pay attention.

All she ever wanted to do was help me and I used that to bring her back.

After that, she started talking, a few words at a time until she just couldn't stop. She asked me so many questions -- questions about what the Slender Man did to my family, what happened when I first saw him, what I knew about him. I admit, it was a little exhausting, but I tried to answer each question.

She knows now. She believes.

And now the question becomes: will she help me?

1 comment:

  1. It's good to know she's back to... "Normal".

    I wish you two good luck.

    Hope nothing bad happens to either of you.

    Also good idea with that water trick.

    Impressive.

    ReplyDelete