Monday, June 25, 2012

Watching the Walls

We are still at the motel. I am hoping Christine will say something to me, but she stares at the walls, as if they were the only interesting things. I tried getting her to go to sleep, but every time she closed her eyes, she started whimpering and then screaming. So I stayed up with her and watched her as she watched the walls.

Did I do this to her? Did my pursuit of my white whale make her see him, too? If so, I wish I had never come here. I wish I had never found him again.

5 comments:

  1. literature disparages flagrant imitation.

    books built on words won't work with reality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How do you build a life except with words? How can I live my life as before when it was everything was taken from me?

      I had to reinvent myself. I know I am not the literary character Ahab. I am my own Ahab, pursuing my own white whale.

      Delete
  2. So it seems I've found someone with a similar goal.

    Or more accurately you found me.

    Can't say I'm happy about that but still.

    Maybe we can help each other out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt it. You seem to want to seek him in order to join him, to work for him.

      I seek him to end him.

      Delete
    2. Where did you get the idea I wanted to join him?

      Was it the dark theme of my blog?

      The romance inspired blog titles?

      My general disposition?

      Well I will tell you right now I have no intention of joining him.

      Delete