Thursday, June 28, 2012

There's this song running through my head. It's by this English punk band called the Clash. It's called "Should I Stay or Should I Go?"


    Should I stay or should I go now?
    Should I stay or should I go now?
    If I go there will be trouble
    And if I stay it will be double.
    So come on and let me know.


Because that's what I'm feeling at the moment: I don't know whether I should stay with...well, I guess I have to call him Ahab now, since he was right. I don't know if I should stay with him and help him in any way I can...or if I should just rush back home and try to forget I ever saw the thing I saw and hope I'm not haunted by it.

Can I forgot?

Do I have a choice in the matter?

He's starting calling me "Queequeg" again, by the way. But I know it's not part of a delusion now -- it's just his way to stepping back into a role, hiding behind a wall. And perhaps that's the best thing to do. Erect a wall and hope it's good enough to hide from the Slender Man.

Or, as Ahab wants, go on the offensive. Find these "proxies" that work for it (why would anyone willingly do that, I have no idea), track them, try to find some way to rid the world of it.

It's a goal that is probably impossible. Yet he seems determined to go ahead with it.

So: should I stay or should I go?


I'm a doctor. I got into psychiatry to help people. If I just left him...what help would that do?

Sigh. Stay it is then.

Queeqeg signing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment